MBBC Partial Reopening – Effective 5/15
We are excited to say that the city has approved us to re-open some outdoor areas of the Club!
Effective today, Friday May 15th:
- The sport court and outdoor recreation areas will be open
- The bathrooms will be open
- The pool and jacuzzi remain closed
- Except for the bathrooms, all other indoor areas will remain closed including the lobby, lounge, kitchen, and badminton courts
While we would love to open more, please understand that the above is not “our” decision, but specifically mandated by the City and County. We hope the pool will be allowed to open next, but again that requires approval.
New Rules Until Further Notice:
- Entrance to the Club will be by 18th Street only
- Group gatherings are prohibited.
- No guests are allowed.
Sport Court Protocols, per County:
- Please wash/sanitize hands prior to arrival and upon leaving.
- Face mask usage is required when indoors or in close contact with others.
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet should be maintained at all times.
- If other Members are waiting to use the court, please limit play to 30 minutes.
- For racquet sports, only singles play is permitted.
- Each player must bring their own racquet. No sharing equipment.
- Each participant must bring their own birdies or balls.
- Participants are permitted to handle only their own birdies and balls. Balls must be uniquely marked so each player only touches their own equipment.
- When returning another player’s birdie or ball, roll or hit it to them with your racquet without handling it in any way.
- Bring your own water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to wash and sanitize hands frequently
Similar to the phases you have all seen in the news, we will open MBBC in phases also. Rules and protocols will also change, based on government regulations. We will update everyone as soon as we have new developments to share.
There are risks related to COVID-19 that may arise from access to Club property and use of Club facilities, and Members understand that they assume such risks by accessing Club property and using Club facilities.
No Member should enter MBBC if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough.
Thank you for your support and doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.
MBBC Board of Directors
Welcome to Our 2020-2021 Board of Directors
Vice President: Dean Schoppe
Treasurer: Terence Tchen
Secretary: Jody Leventhal
Adult Badminton: DeDe Tran
Junior Badminton: Hong Li
Entertainment: Jeff Gurman
New Construction: Michael Hopkins
House Chairperson: Bob Steinberg
Communications: Lynn O’Connell
Check your Work Credits Online!
Members can now check the status of their workday credits and meeting attendance on the MBBC website!
To view your workday credits, login to MBBC and click on the link called “My Account” in the main menu. From there, you can view your workdays. Please also review your account info and upload a photo if you have not already done so!
If you think you are missing work credits, please contact the Event Organizer or Board Member responsible for that event.
Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic
This highly successful free clinic is every Monday night from 7-8:30pm. This clinic is for MBBC members only. For more information, contact Dean Schoppe
Pub at the Club: A New MBBC Tradition!
2017 – 2018 – 2019
Go to www.pubattheclub.com